What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Fungal Nail Infection?
When it comes to fungal infection, they can affect any of your body parts. Besides, it commonly affects your toenails or fingernails. This fungal nail infection can cause discolored and brittle nails, most commonly on your toes. What are the symptoms of fungal nail infection? Continue reading to know about them.
- You may experience cracked or fragile nails due to this condition.
- Your nails may become too thick and appear very unattractive.
- Your nails may turn yellow or brown.
Is this condition painful?
This condition is usually not painful. However, you must seek the help of a podiatrist to prevent the further growth of this condition. If the fungal infection becomes severe, it might result in severe pain. Most podiatrists recommend laser treatment for toenail fungus. This laser treatment is a pain-free and affordable treatment. This means, you don’t have to worry about pain.
Who is at the more risk for fungal infections?
Fungal nail infections are usually caused due to a variety of factors. You are more likely to develop fungal infections if you have the below conditions.
- Wearing artificial nails regularly
- Having diabetes
- Having a weak immune system
- Poor blood circulation
- Wearing too-tight shoe
Some of the other causes of fungal nail infections include wearing unclean shoes and socks and severe perspiration.
Nail infections occur more in men when compared to women. Besides, it is the adults who commonly experience this condition than children. If you have a family history of fungal nail infection, chances are high that you may experience this condition. Because of poor blood circulation, older persons are at a higher risk of developing this condition. As we get older, our nails slow down and thicken.
One of the best podiatrists available in Irvine for laser toenail fungus removal is Dr.Sima Soltani. She has treated thousands of patients in the last few years, and almost all her patients are very much satisfied with her treatment. She ensures that her patients leave her clinic with a bright smile on their faces.
While taking the laser nail fungus treatment, you must follow certain tips to prevent this condition from coming back again in the future. Check the following to know about those tips!
- It is extremely important to maintain your hands and legs clean. You must also maintain them dry always.
- You must avoid walking barefoot in public areas. Otherwise, this could lead to infections.
- Avoid using artificial nails, as they might cause nail infections sometimes. If you really want to use them then make sure that you take the necessary steps to prevent infection.
- Keep your toenails and fingernails short and clean. Trim them frequently to avoid problems like fungal nail infections.
- Get pedicures and manicures done from a good salon. Ensure that they use good equipment always.
Toenail fungal infection is really difficult to treat without toenail laser treatment. Moreover, this infection might spread to your other fingers sometimes, if you ignore it without taking treatment.
Take the appointment with a good podiatrist today to get rid of your fungal infection!