How To Set Up Airtel Wallet App On Your Smart Device?
Airtel Payments Bank is associated with Airtel. It was the first company in India to be granted a payments bank licence by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Airtel Payments Bank was the first to accept live bank payments in India. The primary goal and purpose of the payment bank were to reach out to the country’s unbanked individuals, who primarily reside in small towns and villages and have no knowledge of banking or other financial transactions. You can open an Airtel savings account or even set up an Airtel wallet for smooth online payments.
With a mobile wallet installed on your smartphone, you can instantly make payments and send money to loved ones. You no longer need to carry physical cash when you switch to a digital wallet. You can also avoid standing in long ATM lines. Simply link your bank account to your wallet, transfer the funds you require, and you’ll be able to make payments from anywhere.
How do you set up Airtel Wallet on your smart device?
Setting up Airtel Wallet is a simple process. Here’s how to go about it:
- Install the Airtel Thanks app on your smart device.
- Open the app and navigate to the ‘Pay’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Open an Airtel money wallet’ section.
- You will now be asked to fill out some information about yourself.
- As stated on the Airtel Payments Bank page, enter your personal information: first name, last name, birth date, email ID, and PIN code.
- You will now be asked to enter a Government ID to confirm that you are the one who is creating the mobile wallet.
- Your options for government identification include an Aadhaar card, voter identification, a driver’s licence, or a passport.
- You can choose between Aadhaar, Voter ID, Driving License, and Passport as your Government IDs.
- Now, select the Government ID that is most convenient for you.
- After selecting the Government ID, you will be prompted to enter your Government ID’s document number.
- Finally, enter your 10-digit mobile phone number and press the proceed button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, and your Airtel Wallet will now be available.
Also, if you also wish to open a savings account online on Airtel, you can do so via the Airtel website or app. With an Airtel Savings Account, you can shop online, pay bills, and make recharges like with a physical debit or credit card. You will also be given virtual debit cards like Visa and Rupay through the Airtel Savings Account, so you can use them for making swift online payments.
How to open a savings account online?
- If you already have an Airtel money wallet available in the app, select Upgrade your KYC or Open Savings Bank Account.
- Send your PAN and Aadhaar information for verification.
- Fill out the required info for the KYC procedure.
- Schedule a video conversation with the Bank representative.
- Select a window of time for the Video KYC.
- To verify the video call, complete the verification process.
- The Bank will confirm the information you provided during the call.
- Your account information and a digital debit card will be sent to you after the verification process.