Factors To Be Considered While Buying Maternity Insurance
Expecting a child is an exciting time for any couple. The anticipation grows with each visit to the doctor; hearing the infant’s rapid heartbeat creates a tremendous expectation of the wonderful day the infant enters this world. But for a woman, it’s no less of a ride than a roller coaster. She requires top-notch medical treatment to care for her and the baby. However, this doesn’t come cheap. Rising medical inflation and skyrocketing delivery costs are reasons one must invest in maternity insurance.
Health insurance with maternity coverage
It is a type of health insurance that provides several advantages to both the mother and the baby by covering maternity costs. You need not be concerned about the cost of either a regular or caesarean delivery. Use a health insurance premium calculator to help you pick the ideal plan. Here are some essential elements to consider while choosing insurance if you are considering growing your family so that you may do so without worrying about money.
- Comprehensive coverage: This is the first aspect of the plan you should investigate. Pre and postnatal costs, daycare services, medical visits, and other expenses should all be covered by an insured woman’s policy in order for her to access the best prenatal care.*
- Cashless hospitalisation: For couples, hospitalisation without payment is more convenient. The majority of pregnancy-related expenses can be covered immediately by the policy’s coverage. Therefore, choose coverage that enables you to receive cashless care so that you can give birth to your child without worrying about money.*
- Daycare services– For women, pregnancy generally involves a number of visits to the doctor. Some of these are taken care of in daycare facilities. These also can be covered by a health insurance plan throughout pregnancy, so seek a plan that includes daycare visits so that expectant moms can receive prompt care without spending more than 24 hours in the hospital.*
- Advanced technology: Nowadays, operating rooms utilise advanced technology, thanks to modern innovations! New technology reduces difficulties during birth and maternity insurance. Select a policy that includes coverage for these technologies.
- Newborn baby cover: Select the plan that provides this wonderful benefit. You need not be concerned about the cost of your newborn’s immunisations, doctor visits, etc. For the first 90 days, you can receive coverage for your infant. It also includes infant birth defects so that the child can recover more quickly and go on to lead a healthy life.
- Pre and post-hospitalisation costs: Other than the cost of giving birth, the couple’s finances are burdened by numerous pre- and post-hospitalisation costs. Medical costs for the 30 days prior to and the 60 days following the hospitalisation are allowed under a maternity health insurance plan. Choose a plan that covers pre- and post-hospitalisation costs so that you can take care of other financial obligations.*
- Waiting period: There is a waiting period for pregnancy health insurance that can last anywhere between 9 and 24 months. It is the time period during which moms are not eligible for coverage under the policy. Therefore, choose the plan that has the shortest waiting duration.
- Co-payment: Pregnancy insurance may occasionally have a co-payment or sub-limits. Consider the percentage and choose insurance with a low co-payment or sub-limits.
Therefore, obtaining a maternity coverage when considering starting a family could greatly assist you in giving birth to your precious child without experiencing financial strain. It strikes the ideal balance between protection and care for the mother and her child. You can also look at family health insurance plans that offer maternity benefits. Choose a good plan today, and prepare to enter this new stage of life with happiness.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.